Welcome to the HK One website (the “Website”).
The Website is operated by Howard Kennedy LLP (“Howard Kennedy”, “we, “us”, “our”). Howard Kennedy is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (No OC 361417) and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our registered office is at No.1 London Bridge, London, SE1 9BG, UK. Our VAT number is GB 108285810.
“HK One” is a brand entity brought to you by the High Net Worth Individuals team at Howard Kennedy. Any reference on our Website to “HK One” is to Howard Kennedy trading as HK One.
Any reference on our Website to this “firm” or “practice” is to Howard Kennedy and any reference to a “Partner” is to a member of Howard Kennedy or an employee or consultant who is a lawyer with equivalent standing and qualifications. These words do not indicate practice in an unlimited partnership. A list of the members of the LLP is displayed at the above address, together with a list of those non-members who are designated as partners.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CONTRACTUALLY BINDING CONDITIONS (THESE “TERMS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU START TO USE OUR WEBSITE. BY USING OUR WEBSITE IN ANY WAY, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN IN PARTICULAR TO THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN CLAUSE 5.
- Other applicable terms
- Use of our Website
- Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend or suspend some or all of the services we provide on the Website without notice. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to all users and, if the need arises, we may close the site indefinitely.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- The materials available on this Website, including without limitation all text, graphics, images and sounds, are protected by copyright or other applicable intellectual property rights. The owner of such rights is Howard Kennedy or its licensors as the case may be.
- You may download, store and use the documents available on this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use or that of your firm or company. The publications and blogs appearing on the Website may be shared on social media networks by use of sharing buttons, where provided on the Website. You may not otherwise republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make any material on this Website available to any other party online, in hard copy or on any other electronic or physical media without our express prior written consent. You may not translate, or modify any material on this Website. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.
- The “HK One” and “Howard Kennedy LLP” names and logos, and any other graphics and marks (whether registered or unregistered) used on this Website (our “Trade Names”), are protected by law. Our Trade Names must not be used in association with the products or services of a third party or in a manner which could, either directly or indirectly, discredit us, this Website or a third party. All other trade marks and trade names (including trade names and logos belonging to our clients and third parties) remain the intellectual property of their respective owners whose rights are similarly asserted.
- You may link to the Website’s home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- The Website must not be framed on any other site.
- Information about you and your visits to the Website
- No reliance on information posted
- We do not provide legal advice on our Website and nothing on this Website shall be construed as legal advice. This Website is for general information only and all content on our Website is provided for general information only without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. This Website is not a binding offer to provide legal services and the transmission of any information or materials does not create any contractual relationship or retainer. Individual circumstances vary and you must instruct Howard Kennedy formally if you would like Howard Kennedy to assist you with a specific legal issue. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any materials on the Website by any visitor to the Website or by anyone who may be informed of its contents.
- Limitations of liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or any other liability which cannot be lawfully limited or excluded. The further provisions of this clause 5 shall be subject to this clause 1.
- We will be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We accept no responsibility for any errors, omissions, delays, or losses including loss of data during or as a result of interruptions to the service.
- We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software. Whilst reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that material available for download from the Website is free from viruses, worms or other malicious or disruptive code or devices, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and we expressly exclude liability for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. You use any third-party sites and resources at your own risk and you are solely responsible for assessing the suitability of any goods or services advertised by such third parties (and any terms and conditions on which they are supplied) before signing up to or placing an order for such goods or services.
- We do not warrant the content, accuracy or completeness of any material on this Website. The content of this Website is not intended to give a comprehensive analysis on any subject. Although we aim to update our Website regularly, we are under no obligation to do so and any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time. In particular, the law may have changed since the date that any information was first published on the Website and you are advised to take specific legal advice in relation to any legal issue you may have.
- You accept this Website “as is” without any representation, warranty or guarantee whatsoever, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of accuracy, completeness, quality, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- Subject to clause 5.1, in no event will we be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damages or any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind (including without limitation loss of profits or contracts, loss of data, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time or loss of income or revenue) arising out of or in connection with your access to (or inability to access), or use of (or inability to use), the Website, any material on the Website or any materials or services available from the Website, whether based in contract, tort and whether negligent or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Users of the Website shall not be entitled to make any claim personally against any individual connected to or associated with the Website (whether as a contributor or otherwise) or Howard Kennedy (including its Partners, solicitors and other staff) in respect of relevant loss or damage and, on behalf of such individuals; all such liability is disclaimed accordingly.
- Viruses, hacking and other offences
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this clause 6, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
- You agree that these Terms and any dispute arising in any way in relation to the Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- Save where prohibited by law, you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
- In the event that any provision in these Terms is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions which shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and HK One or Howard Kennedy relating to the subject matter hereof (save for any formal retainer you may have with Howard Kennedy) and supersede any prior understanding or agreement regarding the Website.
- We reserve the right to alter these Terms at any time, without prior notice. Any modification will take effect immediately, either by the modified agreement being displayed, or by notification. You agree to check these Terms regularly for modifications and additions.
- Certain offers or services available on the Website may have additional terms and conditions, as published on the Website. A material breach of such terms and conditions by you will amount to a material breach of these Terms.
- The provisions of these Terms on intellectual property, liability and jurisdiction shall remain in force if these Terms expire or are terminated.
- No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right and no waiver by us of any breach by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- No third party shall have the right to enforce any provision of these Terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
No.1 London Bridge
+44 (0)20 3755 6000