Sam is a partner in the Banking and Real Estate Finance team and specialise as a Real Estate Finance lawyer. Sam was also Chairman of the Women in Property South East Branch March 2015 – February 2016 and remains heavily involved in this organisation.
She is experienced in transactions involving financing, refinancing, acquisition, disposal, leasing and management work. Clients include banks and other lenders as well as commercial property investors and developers of freehold and leasehold properties.
Law is a second career for Sam; prior to moving into law, she was a commercial lender in a top private Bank which has resulted in her looking after the real estate legal needs for a number of private clients.
Sam also act for a number of family offices where she is their principle point of contact for all their legal needs, which in the past has extended beyond real estate matters to advising on corporate, dispute resolution, employment, private client and family matters.
Sam is the Diversity and Inclusion Partner at Howard Kennedy and an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers.
- Advising a Middle Eastern family office client on: an Islamic finance transaction where the borrower was lent £21m to carry out the refurbishment of office premises to 124 residential apartments
- Advising a Middle Eastern family office client on: refinance of a portfolio of 17 residential properties where the borrower was lent £50m
- Acting for a Luxembourg Private Bank which was financing the purchase of two neighbouring residential flats, but being sold by two different sellers for £2.2m each. The Borrower was also a BVI company
- Acting for a Swiss Private Bank which was:
- refinancing a residential property worth £36m owned by a BVI company
- Advising on financing a purchase of a residential property worth £12m by an individual