Michael is in the Corporate department and has extensive experience dealing with international legal work and acting for overseas clients.
Michael acts for a combination of individual clients, prominent families and corporate clients mainly from overseas and a range of jurisdictions. Michael deals with a broad range of issues involving inward investment (including immigration), corporate and business transactions, real estate issues and international cross-border transactions. He also provides strategic and structure planning advice and focusing on wealth protection issues (including succession planning).
Michael is the primary contact for the firm’s membership of Lawyers Associated Worldwide (LAW) a global association of independent law firms with over 100 member firms in over 180 commercial centres worldwide.
Michael is a Middle East specialist with over 30 years’ experience of either living in or doing business in the region.
- a Dutch company on the acquisition of a container business in the UK
- a Middle East investor on the acquisition of a London hotel
- a number of overseas families with substantial assets in a number of countries with succession planning issues
- building relationships with international law firms generally and with LAW members in particular, working with them on matters involving multiple jurisdictions
- a Spanish medical services company on setting up a UK branch
- a number of overseas investors on acquiring investment properties in the UK and advising on different ownership structures
- a group of Middle East investors on their existing UK hotel investments and representing the clients on the board of the UK operating company