Emily heads up the HK One sector group.
Emily’s background primarily relates to advising High Net Worth individuals in relation to their Wills, trusts, and Estate planning, having been a member of the firm for 15 years.
As an experienced private client solicitor, Emily has a broad practice with specific expertise in the following areas:
- Advising individuals and their families regarding disputes concerning Wills, estates and trusts, on matters such as the validity of Wills, claims relating to the removal of executors or trustees, or allegations such as breach of trust
- In an ageing population, providing advice to families where a family member may no longer be able to manage their affairs by reason of incapacity and where necessary making an application to the Court of Protection
- Proving advice to families regarding the transmission of wealth between generations.
- Acting for the attorney of a high net worth individual who no longer had capacity to make changes to her Will or make substantial lifetime gifts to family members – this required careful negotiation with other family members in order to make a successful application to the Court of Protection for an order to execute a new Will and authorise substantial lifetime gifts for inheritance tax planning purposes
- Acting for the executors of a well-known artist in the course of both the administration of his estate and in the context of claims brought by family members for reasonable financial provision from the estate
- Acting for well-known television personalities, entertainers and actors and others in the music industry in relation to their Wills and estate planning, to ensure successful transmission of wealth between generations of a family as well as recognising the specific requirements for these individuals, for example, their intellectual property rights and wider reputation management