Liz is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution group, with extensive experience of a wide range of commercial disputes.
Specialising in media and human rights-related matters, she provides advice on a range of issues, including defamation, reputation management, pre-publication issues, privacy, freedom of speech, freedom of information, data protection and copyright infringement.
Liz frequently advises high-net-worth individuals and those in the public eye in relation to these matters, as well as media organisations and publications, corporates, media and publishing agents, NGOs and charities.
- Providing privacy and reputation management advice to an individual subjected to unwanted attention via social media
- Providing advice to a blogger in relation to posts containing comments about a third party
- Acting for various clients in cases on appeal before the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council from across the Commonwealth and from UK Overseas Territories (including cases originating from Antigua, the British Virgin Islands, Jamaica and Mauritius)
- Advising various clients in connection with copyright infringement, trademark infringement and passing off issues
- Acting on behalf of parties to a third-party intervention on a case involving issues of privacy and freedom of expression before the European Court of Human Rights