Antonia Torr has lived on five different continents, moving frequently between varying jurisdictions and dealing with the practicalities that come with international relocation.
Having studied Law in the UK, Antonia spent a short time in Spain in order to study Ecclesiastical law and European Union Law thereby increasing her understanding of European issues in immigration.
Antonia initially began her legal career working in criminal law but her practice soon transferred to immigration law. Her immigration practice began out of a boutique barrister’s chambers in Central London before she then moved on to work with one of the country’s most respected First-tier Tribunal immigration judge. Throughout her practice, Antonia noted the complexity of her client’s needs and the fact that immigration law was beginning to encroach into other areas (such as property, family and business).
Antonia took the opportunity to establish an immigration offering at Howard Kennedy with a view that it would provide clients with a complete legal solution to their immigration based problems. Antonia specialises in providing pragmatic solutions to immigration concerns and can guide clients through the logistical issues that surround their international relocation.
Clients of the immigration department can range from private individuals seeking advice on their entry clearance application all the way through to international businesses who are subject to Civil Penalty Notices.
- Advised a princess on the merits of her Tier 1 (Investor) application
- Pursued judicial review proceedings for the wife of a London business man
- Assisted an international sports personality on the international relocation of their entourage
- Represented the wife of a property developer in an immigration appeal before the First-tier Tribunal
- Advised an international business woman on her naturalisation application
- Prepared a visit visa application for a proposed Tier 1 (Investor) who wished to visit the UK to experience the culture