You may want to use your wealth to support a charity or cause that is important to you. We can help you make your giving more effective or suggest ways in which you can support social issues. We have many individuals across the firm who have commitments to the charity sector and understand first-hand your objectives, as well as how charities function.
Our experts can help you achieve your charitable giving goals in the most appropriate and beneficial way, whether this is through establishing a charitable foundation or channelling support through an existing organisation. We can advise on the full range of issues concerning charity law, structures and obligation, as well as wider matters including tax, the responsibilities of charity trustees and governance issues, contracts and employment.
Our charity legacy management group supports charities on all aspects of legacy administration.
Whatever your goals, we offer a personal service to you, providing joined up advice focused on achieving the most beneficial outcome for you and your charity.
- Acting on your charity’s behalf in high value and complex administration or estate disputes
- The formation of new philanthropic and charities
- Assisting with routine legacy administration, including advice on tax and procedural issues
- Incorporating unincorporated charities and redrafting their constitutions
- Assisting with the de-merger of charities with overlapping fields of operation
- Acting for a charity to be restored to the register after the Charity Commission had removed it
- Dealing with reputation management issues and countering press allegations of improper management